Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Crazy Cat Lady Strikes Again...

So, yesterday was...interesting. Which is why this is being posted today and not, well, yesterday.
School was school. Nothing exciting about that, ever. Especially on Mondays. Then my wonderful mommy picked me up and had left a deleicious cupcake waiting for me in the kitchen! I love when she does that.
After being home for a little while, the dogs starting barking at the back door, and my mom said it was probably a raccoon so she wanted me to bring my camera downstairs.....it was not a raccoon.

We see more raccons than squirrels in our backyard.

A while later, our neighbor PT found the most precious creature alive in his garage. It had been stuck there all day on the hottest day of the year so far! PT had no idea what to do, so naturally, he brings it to the crazy cat lady down the street...

PT asked if my mother knew of a shelter he it could be taken to.
My mom considers our house a shelter...

I fell in love instantly! My dad is NOT very fond of the idea of keeping it. I have other plans :)

PT thinks its a girl. And that she is only about 4 or 5 weeks old. This will be kitty number 7 if i can convince him that she is meant to stay with us!
Usually, when we get new babies, they stay with my mom at night in her office while she sleeps on the floor on an air mattress until they are comfortable and ready to meet the rest of the family. Guess who got to sleep in my room last night!!!!!!!!

She felt safe in there so thats where she spent the entire night,
on my side table...in a box. (so she couldnt run around and get hurt/lost)

She NEVER lets this happen. Ever. She is a cat hog, but thats ok because last time we got new kitties, she at least let me sleep in her office with her. Well, now i know why she let her stay with me this time.... She didnt want to get too attached. HA! Too late. Impossible. Im attached, Mommy is attached, even JJ (my sister) is attached... and JJ didnt even want to keep her when she first saw her. She is such a sweetie. The best part; she didnt meow the whole night!! Like the last ones did...
Today while I was still at school, JJ and Mommy spent time with her and took pictures.
po5opa5z (and this is from her running across the keyboard just now)







She has such a unique little face!

She likes to talk a lot!

She is SO tiny!!

She likes to hide, especially under my dresser...

but when you meow, she meows back and comes out of her hiding spot.


I call her Itty Bitty because I am afraid to name her.



She likes to explore!

Today was the longest day at school because i missed this precious little face soo much!! Now she's getting more comfortable and will actually walk up to me when I lay on my floor and she licks my face and plays with my hair. I think my dad knows we'll end up keeping her (we always do...) even though he wont admit it yet. God put this little baby into our lives for a reason.<3


"Consider now, for the Lord has chosen you to build a temple as a sanctuary. Be strong and do the work."
1 Chronicles 28:10

2 comments: