Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Mommy takes us "camping"

Every year, our church goes on a camping trip over memorial day weekend to my favorite place in the entire world! Camp Weed! I have the greatest memories ever from being at camp! We always have tons of fun on this trip, hanging out, swimming, and going down the Ichetucknee. My mommy isnt much of a camper, so we stay in the conference center. But we spend lots of time at the camp site with everyone!  Last year it rained. A lot. And as we were leaving home...

it looked like it might do the same thing. But, we headed towards blue skies!


And it was a beautiful weekend!

We finally got to camp!



Friday afternoon, and me and my amazing mommy drove around camp.


Mandi's Chapel

The bridge..... The very scary bridge.


Mandi's <3



The field was toooo big for mommy, so she drove :)


There was (and always is) a beautiful sunset behind Mandi's
 We got up Saturday morning to try to see the sunrise.... didnt work out. But I got a pretty cool picture of Mandi's.

My sister stayed at the camp site with her friends that night, so while my mommy went to get her, I went back to sleep. I woke back up and did not feel good at all! So I had to stay while everyone went down the Ichetucknee :( My wonderful mommy dropped jj back off at the camp site so she could go woth friends, and then my wonderful mother came back to stay with me. Of course, once everyone left I felt just fine! So me and my mommy spent the morning driving around town (down the street from camp) and walking around camp.

We found a very pretty church!


 With very pretty flowers.

 And a very pretty bell.


Back at camp, I showed my mommy around and told her stories from summer camp.



At the hay barn, we have a bell. The purpose of this bell is for it to be heard from very far away. My mommy didnt know this until after she decided to ring it. Her reacton to how loud it was was absolutely priceless. I wish I had known it was coming so that I could take a picture...



 We went into Mandi's. I could stay in there forever!









Then everyone came back, and we got ready to go to the pool to swim and eat dinner!

My lovely sister, JJ<3

While we were waiting, JJ and her bestie wanted pictures around camp...


Im not sure why, but I really, really like this picture.
and this one <3


My stunning mommy doesnt usually swim, so she sits there and looks pretty.<3


While we wait for the inevitable game of water polo that is tradition.



There was a sun shower after swimming! And after that, yet another gorgeous sunset...




 Sunday morning, before service at the camp site, I took a walk.




I never want to leave!! No matter how long im there. For the weekend, for an hour to drop my sister off for summer camp, or a week to be there myself for summer camp. I never ever want to leave! It feels like home. This is where I feel safest and closest to God.

"Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation."
Isaiah 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment